Welcome to Selene Castrovilla's blog!

I'm an author spreading the words. Read about my books at www.SeleneCastrovilla.com







Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Snail's Tale on Tightrope Tuesday

            This is a short one.
            It’s the story of something that happened a few years ago.
            Casey, my younger son, was about six.
            We have a lot of snails where we live. They’re always sliming their way across the walkway.


            On this occasion, Casey noticed a snail as he headed toward the car. Generally he moves them to safety, but we were in a hurry to get somewhere.
            On our return home, he discovered the snail had been stepped on.
            Smooshed.
            Eviscerated.
            “Mommy, I could have saved him,” Casey cried.
            He said, “Why didn’t I move him into the grass when I saw him before?”
            I told him, “Casey, you can’t save everyone.”
            I looked into his sad eyes and said, “There are no super heroes.”


            Finally, I advised him, “The only heroic thing you can do is to save yourself.”
            That’s it.
            Told you it was short.


No comments:

Post a Comment