Welcome to Selene Castrovilla's blog!

I'm an author spreading the words. Read about my books at www.SeleneCastrovilla.com







Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tomorrow: A Revolutionary Life Revisited

Aunt Olga and Lovely Bloom during the early days of the barge



I apologize for missing today's Revolutionary Saturday.

On Thursday - Thanksgiving Day - my aunt, Olga Bloom, passed away.

To say she was beloved is an understatement.

My aunt's concert hall, Bargemusic, was known the world over.

My aunt brought joy to this world.

Tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to get my thoughts together and write a suitable tribute to Aunt Olga.

They don't make them more revolutionary than her.

As Aunt Olga - first and foremost a musician - was fond of saying: "I love you darling, but the season is over."

It was a helluva season.

4 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy, Selene. She sounds like a very special woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Selene. You're in my thoughts. I've been told how special your aunt was to you.
    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Selene. Loved SAVED BY THE MUSIC, also. Helps me feel like I knew your aunt a little.

    ReplyDelete