Welcome to Selene Castrovilla's blog!

I'm an author spreading the words. Read about my books at www.SeleneCastrovilla.com







Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A true "Tightrope Tuesday"

            Today is the perfect example of “walking the tightrope.” There’s no heat in my house (too long a story.) My older son and I have to meet with his third guidance counselor (first was laid off by budget cuts, second was the head of the department - filling in, and third just arrived. This is what we dream of during senior year.) And my younger son came home distraught last night because he was Snooky, wearing heels, and his friends didn’t wait up for him while trick-or-treating. My poor baby.
            At the doctor yesterday, I worked on a particularly challenging paragraph from my current manuscript while sitting in a gown on the examining table. I knew this would be my only time to write.
            There was an order deadline for my son’s senior pictures if I wanted to get a discount, and so there I was at last night discussing my package picks with a representative. Joy.
            I won’t even tell you about the laundry I have in my room – the summer clothes in the drawers and the winter clothes, well, not in the drawers...
            And now, the piece I intended to post on this blog – about an incident my kids and I experienced in France – is hiding. I can’t find it in my files or on my back-up or on my e-mail. I’m sure it’s there – I’m just rushing. Nevertheless, here I am trying to write something for you when I need to get dressed (and did I mention my house is like a refrigerator?)
            So it really is “Tightrope Tuesday.”
            But I did manage to make a good dinner last night. As long as you chop up a lot of garlic, you can rock a meal.
            I have to run now. My apologies. I will make it up to you. Maybe I can find the piece later.
            To end on the positive, I will say that I’m grateful for everything, including my problems, because it’s a privilege to be alive. I’m not unhappy – I just occasionally wish I could “stop the clock.” 
            We did manage to get our annual pumpkin picking in last week with my dear friend Pascale and her kids, Tommy and Amanda (who are cousins with my kids, through their fathers.) We packed what used to be a day’s activity into an hour because of our hectic schedules.
            Here’s to happy times, abridged as they may be.
            Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment