Welcome to Selene Castrovilla's blog!

I'm an author spreading the words. Read about my books at www.SeleneCastrovilla.com







Monday, December 12, 2011

Method to my Madness Monday: Write No Matter What!

I am sooo exhausted right now. The last thing I wanted to do was write this blog. I can't wait to crawl into bed with Netflix.

But I am committed to this blog, so here I am. The post will be short, but damn it - it will be here!!!

This is the same attitude I have toward writing every day. Even if I don't have time to write much, I will write SOMETHING!!! Because:
1. "Somethings" add up.
2. Even if a "something" is junk and will be chucked, it kept my juices flowing.
3. One day away from writing leads to two, leads to three...

Stephen King said to write a novel in a season. You know he takes no days off! The reason is because you have a whole world swirling around in your head. It's hard enough to keep it all straight if you look at it every day and plow through. But if you start taking breaks...it's almost impossible to keep a lucid, entertaining train of thought. For you, and your readers.

So I sit down and work on my novel first thing every morning. Before life gets in the way (and it almost always does.) Just to make sure something got written today.

Some writers say they can produce good writing any time of day, no matter how tired they are. I think my best writing - and thought process - comes first thing in the morning. That's when life is bursting with possibility - and consequently, so is writing.

Perhaps you're a night owl. Great. Whatever works.

I'm going to bed, folks. Happy - and continuous - writing to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment