Welcome to Selene Castrovilla's blog!

I'm an author spreading the words. Read about my books at www.SeleneCastrovilla.com







Friday, December 2, 2011

Surprise! I Guest My Own Blog With Movie Musings

Well, it’s Guest Blog Friday, and I’m the guest. Why? I could say (or sing), “It’s my blog and I’ll be the guest if I want to.” But the truth is, I forgot to contact someone until it was too late. It’s tough keeping track of a blog, folks! But I think we’ll all survive this travesty.



 I will now entertain you with a list of my favorite movies (not in order - just as I thought of them):

  1. Good Will Hunting – One of those rare movies during which I actually worried for the main character. “What will become of him?”

  1. The Hangover – As my son put it, if you didn’t laugh during this movie, you might not have a soul.


      3.    The Long Kiss Goodnight – Makes Die Hard look like a wuss, with a much better, sometimes startling storyline.



  1. Serendipity – Ok, have I mentioned my ridiculously romantic heart, combined with my belief in fate? Also, I do love John Cusack, in general.


  1. Martian Child – John Cusack was good in this, too.

  1. The Lost Boys – I loved this movie so much long ago, but when I tried to watch it recently, something had changed. I think Twilight ruined my palate for anything ‘vampire.’

  1. Private Parts – Howard Stern exposes himself. Need I say more?

  1. My Big, Fat Greek Wedding – So many great scenes!!! I love to quote this movie.

  1. Moonstruck – When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amore.

  1. The Mothman Prophesies – Creepy, because it happened. And Richard Gere got better with age.

  1. Runaway Bride – Silly, but well-done. Takes your mind off things for awhile.

   12. Mr. & Mrs. Smith - Great genre-buster. Innovative. And darn sexy as well. The only person who         didn't like this movie was probably Jennifer Aniston. Can't please everyone...



Movies I dislike:


    1.
Inception. WHAT?

Might as well have been in a foreign language.


  1. Momento. Too schticky. If you put that movie in its rightful scene order, you’ve got nothing.


  1. Anything with Will Ferrell – Dude, those Airplane kinds of movies went out with the seventies.

  1. Anything with Adam Sandler – There’s stupid, and then there’s Adam Sandler.



  1. Limitless – My patience has its limits for a weak plot.
     6. Leaving Las Vegas – Leave already, PLEASE!!!It was as though Virginia Woolf had written the script.




  1. Those Oceans movies. OMG, just rob the places already.

  1. Bank robbery movies – They are limited in scope, and never end well.

  1. Thelma & Louise – Speaking of a bad ending...



  1. Avatar – I hate movies touted for special effects. Snoooooze... Also I dislike the pompous James Cameron. Not King of the World in MY book.

That concludes my movie musings. Next time, we’ll do TV shows.

If you feel like sharing your favorite or least-liked movies, please do!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more about Adam Sandler. You've got some good ones on your list and some I've never seen, so will have to check them out. If I want to have a good cry, I watch An Affair to Remember. (You're too young to remember, I suspect.) One of my favorites and the best edited film ever (and mostly overlooked)is Lone Star with Chris Cooper. Almost anything with Chris Cooper or Sam Shepherd. And I love The Departed. For recent ones, I thought Hugo was positively magical.

    ReplyDelete