Welcome to Selene Castrovilla's blog!

I'm an author spreading the words. Read about my books at www.SeleneCastrovilla.com







Monday, December 26, 2011

Method to my Madness Monday: Basking in Your Glory

Here's a quick tip to jump start your writing when you just don't feel like it: Read over something great  you've written. A morsel you're soooo proud of. Even if it's a sentence. Anything that makes your chest puff up a bit as you say to yourself, "Hey, this is good stuff!"

If you've got a work in progress, find a line or two in that. If you hate everything you've produced of late, dig deeper. If need be, find a school newspaper article you penned in the eighth grade. Or a term paper. Anything.

A funny thing will happen when you read your polished work. You'll want to get moving on something else. Those juices will get flowing. You'll crave setting out once again on the path that ends with a sentence, paragraph, page or chapter you want to share with the world.

Maybe it's the law of attraction, maybe it's the law of prosperity (Is there a law of prosperity? It sounds good!), maybe it's the power of a good mood - or maybe all of these are the same thing. Who cares what label you throw on it? You're writing, and that's what counts.

Basking in your glory begets more glory to bask in. At least, it works for me.

And that's my last "method to my madness" tip for 2011. Hope you've enjoyed them, and used them.

Go forth and write - make this last week of the year count!

"What would I do if I had only six months left to live? I'd type faster. "
-Issac Asimov

Write like you're dying.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment